Play Australia is committed to promoting the value of play and increasing play opportunities for children, young people and families.
Play Australia previously known as the Playground and Recreation Association of Victoira (PRAV), is a non-profit, membership based organisation that was established in 1913. Over the years we have influenced and created awareness about the importance of safe and developmentally appropriate play experiences for children.
We support and work with many different people and agencies in the community, including local government, schools, early childhood centres, playground designers and landscapers, playground manufacturers. In fact, anyone who has an interest in children and outdoor play experiences.
What does Play Australia do?
- Promotes quality designs, planning and development of play opportunities and playspaces
- Represents the play sector on the Australian Standards
- Provides resources, information and advice on playgrounds and play opportunities
- Facilitates audits and assessments of playgrounds and play equipment
- Consults with organisations and individuals on issues relating to play and play environments
- Collects, disseminates and exchanges information about play and play environments
- Presents training programs for all sectors of the play community
- Coordinates special projects including seminars, forums, policy development and research.
The Victorian Government through Sport and Recreation Victoria provides annual funding to help support our membership services. Funding is also received as part of a 3 year Service Agreement from the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development to provide specific support to the Early Childhood sector.
To meet our members needs we raise further funds required to provide support through the annual Play Australia membership fees, our professional development training programs and consultancy services.