Training is an essential part of everyone’s professional development. The Play Australia training program provides a comprehensive schedule of workshops and seminars across a broad range of issues relating to outdoor play.
Our training allows people involved within the industry from all different areas to network together and keep up-to-date on best practice in playground planning, design and management.
Our program applies the principles of quality assurance and performance management to make people aware of the standards required for playgrounds and the measures they must take to meet those standards. Delivered by leaders in their fields, our program is continuously monitored and refined in consultation with landscape architects, recreation experts, designers, equipment manufacturers, educationalists, engineers, early childhood development specialists, town planners and risk managers.
Make sure you check our 'What's on' calendar regularily to find out the next seminars and training workshops.
- To address community concerns about the safety of children in playgrounds and provide practitioners in playground planning the highest quality of training to ensure that children’s safety is paramount.
- Encourage the development of play spaces that young people will find exciting and challenging, and that will enhance developmentally appropriate play experiences for children.
- To ensure relevant and current provision of information to keep the sector up to date on best practice in playground planning, design, management and Australian Standards.
- Training programs will be continuously monitored and reined in consultation with landscape architects, recreation experts, designers, equipment manufacturers, educationalists, engineers, early childhood development specialists and town planners.
Benefits to Participants
- Play Australia members will be offered a significantly reduced rate for training programs.
- Delivery of programs to meet the increasing regulatory demands on the playground industry.
- Provision of the skills and knowledge required to enable people responsible for the management and operation of playgrounds to carry out their responsibilities appropriately and efficiently.
- Networking opportunities within the playgrounds and recreational sector.
- Safety in children’s playgrounds
- early childhood
- local government
- Project Development & Management