Why should you join Play Australia?
Play Australia is the only membership organisation of its kind in Australia. It provides members a unique opportunity to access specific information in relation to playgrounds and play experiences for children, families and the community. See our Member Services page for further details. Play Australia members come from all different walks of life. Many are involved in the development of play grounds, equipment or just the love of play for children.
Members of Play Australia are:
- Designers of playgrounds
- Landscape Architects
- Early childhood Centres
- Artists and Horticulturalists
- State Government Departments
- Manufacturers of play equipment
- Shade suppliers
- Suppliers of play equipment and undersurfacing
- Individuals committed to the promotion of play
- Like-minded organisations
- Metropolitan and Rural Cuncils
Play Australia services to members include:
- Telephone advisory service
- Specialist consultancy to schools, government and organisations
- Informative e-newsletter (quarterly)
- Advice on Australian Standards
- Information on playground risk management
- Play industry networks and contacts
- Reduced rates for seminars/workshops and training
- Online access to resources
- Advocacy on behalf of members/industry
- Play Australia Awards and Recognition Program
|Membership Categories||GST inclusive|
|Family Day Care Single Service||$65.00|
|Cluster Manager Family Day Care: Number of Services|
|Early Childhood Service||$118.00|
|Cluster Manager Early Childhood: Number of Services|
|Out of School Hours Service||$118.00|
|Out of School Hours Service Cluster Manager: Number of Services|
|Tertiary Education Institutions||$455.00|
Council owned and/or operated Early Childhood Services are not included in this membership.
If a council is also a Cluster Manager of Early Childhood services, a Cluster Manager Membership is required to cover Council owned and/or operated Early Childhood services.
|State Territory Government Departments||$455.00|
|SINGLE Individual: Applicable to people employed in a workplace where organisational membership is not possible||$195.00|
|SINGLE Individual Extra: Applicable to people who wish to hold an Individual Membership over and above their organisational membership||$65.00|
|SINGLE Individual Concession: Applicable to people with special circumstances including unemployed, students and retired||$65.00|
|Library Only Access: Includes only access to the online Library and must be paid via paypal here. Does not include discount on events and training.||$30.00|
*Rates are increased by the CPI each September.
Fill out the online form and choose your membership category. Play Australia will confirm your membership and forward an invoice to you for payment.
Rights and responsibilities of members
- All members must support the Play Australia mission and values and agree to abide by the constitution, rules and regulations of Play Australia.
- Members can vote at the Annual General Meeting and/or special purpose meetings and can be elected to Play Australia's Board or sub-committees. Group members are entitled to one vote per group.
- The Board of Play Australia reserves the right to reject and or eject a member if conduct has been proven to be not in line with our mission and values or if illegal or unethical practices have been undertaken by a member.