The objectives of this program are to enable participants to:
- apply the new and current Australian Standards to the design of equipment and facilities;
- manage the development and operation of effective maintenance programs in accord with AS4685-2014; and,
- enable participants to access ideas and support to assist in the creative processes in playspace development.
The program is designed for people working in the government and non-government sectors, involved in the design, operation and management of play equipment and playspaces.
A range of training methods will be utilised to ensure that the program meets the needs of all participants.
The presenters are the leaders in their field and have unrivalled expertise and experience in the key areas of Australian Standards, design and maintenance of play equipment and facilities.
Benefits to participants
- Increased knowledge and commitment to the importance of safety for children and young people in the use of playgrounds and play equipment;
- Increased ability to better manage playgrounds and to protect organizations from liability;
- Increased knowledge, and inspiration for innovation in design and development of play opportunities for children, in particular, on issues relating to access to playgrounds for all groups of children;
- Increased number of people trained across the state and particularly in rural Australia which will enable competition and affordable and accessible services as required;
- An improved capacity to share good practice across the play community;
- An ongoing communication flow of current information on Australian Standards and relevant safety issues to persons accredited and working in the area.
Feedback from participants will be requested as a key part of the on-going monitoring and review process of the program
Participants will receive a Resource Kit to assist in ongoing access to Standards data, and a Certificate indicating completion of Level 1 and Level 2 Training.
Play Australia members receive the discounted rate.*
- $825.00 non member
- $715.00 member
Play Australia members will be emailed a DISCOUNT CODE to enter in order to access the discounted cost.
Play Australia members and the public can book and pay immediately online for their training via PayPal Secure Payment Method with either their paypal account or by providing their credit card details to PayPal. Play Australia is unable to accept credit card details over the phone.
Alternatively both members and the public can pay via EFT or cheque made out to Play Australia.
A tax invoice will be issued following your online registration.
Your registration will be confirmed following receipt of payment.
*Please note, if an organisation is a Play Australia member, all staff at that organisation are eligible for member rates.
Registration is now open for all events.
Become a Play Australia member to receive discounted training.