Who we are and what we do...
PLAY AUSTRALIA promotes the value of play and advocates healthy play opportunities for children and the community throughout Australia.
PLAY AUSTRALIA is a not for profit registered charity and membership organisation. We support and work with community and industry sectors involved in the provision of play opportunities and environments. Our members include educators, professionals, landscape architects, designers, manufacturers, recreation planners, suppliers, consultants, and people with a commitment to the development of play from all states and territories within Australia.
PLAY AUSTRALIA provides forums and networks across Australia for exchange and action across disciplines and across sectors in support of the development of quality play for all people.
PLAY AUSTRALIA is the Australian member of the International Play Association (IPA). The IPA is recognised by the United Nations Economic and Social Council, UNICEF and UNESCO. The IPA’s purpose is to protect, preserve and promote the child’s right to play as a fundamental human right.
Play Australia Members enjoy a number of benefits:
- Telephone advisory service
- Specialist consultancy to schools, government and organisations
- Informative e-newsletter (quarterly)
- Advice on Australian Standards
- Information on playground risk management
- Play industry networks and contacts
- Reduced rates for seminars/workshops and training
- Online access to resources
- Advocacy on behalf of members/industry
- Play Australia Awards