Play Australia (IPA Australia) is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), which oversees the national regulatory framework for the not-for-profit sector, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission Act 2012 (the ACNC Act 2012).
Play Australia is a Public Benevolent Institution endorsed to access the following tax concessions:
GST Concession, FBT Concession and Income Tax exemption.
Your donations to support Play Australia’s activities are tax deductible
Play Australia (IPA Australia) is endorsed as a Deductable Gift Recipient from 1 July 2000. It is covered by Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
The responsibility for compliance with the regulations contained in the Corporations Act, the ACNC Act, as well as the objects of the organisation sits with the Independent Board of Directors.
The purposes of the association are:
(1) to promote the value of play for children, young people and the wider community;
(2) to inspire active healthy outdoor play opportunities that are accessible to all;
(3) to be the peak body advocating for and supporting the value of play locally and nationally;
(4) to advance the implementation of Article 31 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child; and
(5) to be the Australian Secretariat of the International Play Association (IPA).